5 Reasons How Using Table Placemats Can Help Improve Your Life
Table placemats have been around for many years, although no one really knows exactly when their use become common all around the world. Recent surveys found that up to 90% of the households surveyed used table placemats on a regular basis.
We’ve assembled the top 5 reasons how using table placemats can help improve your life.
1) Protect Your Table’s Surface
2) Decoration and Esthetics
3) Convenient and Green Conscious
Protect Your Table’s Surface
The primary function of table placemats is to protect your dining table from water marks, food stains or heat damage.
Decoration and Esthetics
Table placemats also serve as decorations to coordinate with color or motif themes and for special holidays and events. Esthetically, many people feel that it adds to the beauty of a table to add color and vibrancy whereas they also reduces noise pollution by softening the clanging of dinnerware and cutlery.
Convenient and Green Conscious
Table placemats are also a very convenient to keep your table clean and to avoid endless wash cycles of table cloths. And, PP plastic placemats wipe clean with a damp cloth, can be used over and over and when you get tired of them, just pitch them in the recycle bin to give them a new life as another product.
Placemats for kids can be an endless source of fun and entertainment and subconsciously allow learning to continue during meal time. And, in some restaurants, table placemats are used to advertise menu items, specials, local businesses, fun facts, trivia, or provide games for children.
And, one of the most important ways that table placemats can help to improve your life is to provide a sanitary barrier between your table (or desk) and your food whether at home or when eating out. More and more people work from home so the dining table is commonly the center for eating and working so its never been more important to consider sanitation. Likewise, if you eat from your desk at work, you need protection there too, so whip out a plastic placemat and protect yourself! Below is some research we found on kitchen and table sanitation:
- The Web MD website reports that….”it’s the kitchen that actually harbors more bacteria than any other room in the home. And these germs — the same ones that can cause a cold orflu to spread through a household like wildfire – lurk everywhere…Consider this: One single bacteria cell can become more than 8 million cells in less than 24 hours! The number of bacteria it takes to make people sick can range from as few as 10 up to millions. And infections spread when germs are transferred from a contaminated item (say, your cutting board) to your hands to your body.”
- ABC News Consumer Correspondent Elisabeth Leamy went undercover at 10 restaurants in three states. She took swab samples from 10 surfaces you come typically in contact with at a restaurant. Then Dr. Philip Tierno and his team at the New York University Microbiology Department lab tested the samples. The #5 dirtiest place was Tables!
- And, in another separate investigation at the University of Arizona, a 2007 study found that the average desktop has 100 times more bacteria than a kitchen table and 400 times more than the average toilet seat. “Desks are really bacteria cafeterias,” said Charles Gerba, a microbiologist who’s studied dirty desks, in a UA press release several years ago. “They’re breakfast buffets, lunch tables and snack bars, as we spend more and more hours at the office. Treat your desktop like you would your kitchen table and counters at home,” says Smithson. “Clean all surfaces, whether at home or work, before you prepare or eat food on them.”
So, it’s clear that table placemats can help improve your life. Below are some excerpts from recent online surveys of the reason that households use table placemats:
- “They help protect a wood table from moisture, heat, dings and scratches. I also like every day to be a little bit special. Why wait for company or a special occasion? Being home and also being with those you love should be something to celebrate even if it is over a simple meal. Every day is precious.”
- “For two reasons: my husband is a very messy eater (you would think he had been raised by wolves) and we bought a new table and chairs last year (handmade in Minnesota) and we’re trying to keep the dishes from scratching up the finish.”
- “I use the placemats to protect the table.”
- “Sitting at the table with just a plate of food on a bare table makes me feel like something’s missing.”
- “I have a glass table so I always use placemats …. both to protect the table and to avoid loud clinking and clattering of ceramic dishes and metal cutlery on glass.”
- “We use them on the kitchen table. Mostly, it dampens the noise of plates moving about and sort of signals eating time, since we clear them off after eating.”
- “My table is glass – the table has a design that you don’t want to cover with a table cloth – and setting dishes directly on the glass is usually too harsh feeling for me. I like some padding there.”
- “We use them every day too. It was how I was brought up.”
- “Did not use placements while growing up, but I like them now. It’s fun choosing colors that complement the room. When DD was young, she had a rotating set of plastic ones that could easily be wiped off, some that we pulled out holidays, like an Easter bunny one.”
- “Use [placemats] unless I’m feeling lazy. Not to protect the table…it just “feels” right to use them.”
The durable PP plastic material gives years of service in restaurants or at home. We cater to business customers and you may use our artwork and graphics or we’ll develop new content to create designs that stand out from the crowd.
We currently are stocking 4 contemporary placemat designs perfect for everyday use and enjoyment. We’ll sell as few as 6 and as many as you want for commercial businesses.
Contact us today for more info.